Welcome to the Community
The SC Conference extends a warm welcome to our first-time attendees! SC started in 1988, and since then we’ve grown to host thousands of individuals at our events. SC20 was the first fully virtual event, and SC21 supported on-site and remote participation.
Our goal is for you to have a phenomenal conference experience. Join us this fall for incredible adventures in HPC.
Read SC22 General Chair Candace Culhane’s welcome post:
Attending SC for the first time can be an overwhelming experience.
There’s a great session at the beginning of the week of SC designed to help you learn about SC and how to optimize your time. If you choose to attend in Dallas, join this helpful session, meet other first-time attendees, and get familiar with our events and activities. The session is followed by a Q&A and is open to all registered attendees.
Monday, November 14, 2022, 4–5 pm CST
D3/East Fork Ballroom
SC content, experiences, and events are organized under four main umbrellas:
Program: Called the ‘heart of the conference’, the Technical Program is where you’ll find papers, panels, talks, workshops, and so much more.
Exhibits: Visit hundreds of vendors and institutions from around the world showcasing the latest advancements, innovations, and services in HPC.
SCinet: The product of thousands of person-hours, this cutting-edge network is the backbone of SC and is made available for experimental and commodity use throughout the conference.
Students@SC: Designed for both undergraduates and graduates, programs within Students@SC helps in professional development and builds strong support networks.
- Review the information at Navigating SC for a full download of SC conference details.
- If you’re attending in-person, familiarize yourself with the convention center.
- Attending one or more of the receptions is a great way to unwind and network in a fun environment.
- Grab a keepsake from your first SC experience at the conference store!
- Visit the information booths on-site as they’re staffed with friendly faces willing to help.
Plan to attend SC in Dallas! A digital experience will also be provided.
If you’re attending on-site, we’ve made picking up your badge as easy as possible. Just take your government-issued ID to the clearly marked registration desk upon arrival. Picking up your badge the day before you start attending sessions will help you avoid missing out.
Details regarding the digital experience will be provided as soon as those details are formalized.
Scheduling Your Time
Ready to start planning your SC experience?
The schedule is your definitive guide to what’s happening where and when. We typically begin adding content in the spring. We’ll also have a mobile app available for download in November. And remember to check out the exhibitor list and floor plan.
- Flag sessions in the schedule to create your own personalized agenda.
- Wear comfortable shoes to SC – there’s a lot of ground to cover!
Health, Safety, & Inclusivity
We take the well-being of our attendees very seriously. In order to ensure an optimal conference experience for all, we’ve established the following policies and commitments:
- Use common sense as you would in any large city–don’t wear your badge outside the convention center and be aware of your surroundings.
- If you are involved in or witness harassment of any kind, please contact us immediately.
- Children 6 months and under may be brought into all conference sessions.
- SC welcomes everyone regardless of gender, age, sexual orientation, disability, race, or religion.