Postdoctoral Fellow in Supercomputing Performance
Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
Berkeley, CA 94720
DescriptionLawrence Berkeley National Lab’s (LBNL, https://www.lbl.gov/) Applied Mathematics and Computational Sciences Division has an opening for a Postdoctoral Fellow in Supercomputing Performance to join the team.
In this exciting role, you will develop performance analysis, modeling, and tuning techniques for scientific simulation and AI applications. The duties of this position also involves runtime development and tuning for GPU-accelerated distributed memory HPC systems.
RequirementsWhat is Required:
• PhD degree, within the last 3 years, in computer science, applied math, computational science, or a related technical field.
• Experience in using at least one of the GPU programming models (e.g. OpenMP, OpenACC, or vendor-specific ones).
• Familiarity with performance profiling infrastructures.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Familiarity with the design of machine learning frameworks, such as PyTorch, Tensorflow, MXNet, etc.
• Familiarity with runtime system development for distributed computing environments.
• Familiarity with python internals and interoperability with the C/C++/GPU programming models.
• Strong background in parallel computer architectures, accelerators, and memory technologies.
Company DescriptionBerkeley Lab is committed to Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Accountability (IDEA, https://diversity.lbl.gov/ideaberkeleylab/) and strives to continue building community with these shared values and commitments. Berkeley Lab is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We heartily welcome applications from women, minorities, veterans, and all who would contribute to the Lab's mission of leading scientific discovery, inclusion, and professionalism. In support of our diverse global community, all qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or protected veteran status.