HPC Software Engineer, Machine Learning (AI) Engineer, Software Engineer, Data Scientist
DescriptionEmployment Opportunities are skills based and will vary depending on the position:
• Developing, optimizing, compiling, implementing, and testing multithreaded, multiprocessor performance-oriented software with Message Passing Interface, OpenMP, CUDA or other parallel processing framework
• State-of-the-art parallel computing techniques including distributed computing, algorithm optimization, or benchmarking
• Requirements development, architecture, design, implementation, testing, release, and maintenance of complex numerical simulation software and parallel software solutions
• Building, compiling, and debugging complex Fortran (current and legacy versions), C/C++, Java, Scala, Python, R, Red Hat or similar language code
• Software development in GPU based environments
• Electromagnetics, fluid dynamics, multi-physics Finite Element Analysis, generative design, control theory, optimization, directed energy and/or other physics-based modeling and simulation
• Artificial Intelligence technologies, such as general machine learning algorithms and neural networks in a parallel HPC environment
• Integrating machine learning and deep learning frameworks, theory, and practice and deep learning toolsets (e.g. TensorFlow PyTorch, Caffe, Keras, etc.)
• Applying machine learning techniques to solve computer vision, natural language processing, signal processing, and image processing
• Verifying and validating machine learning models for use in safety critical applications
• Using machine learning to parse and contextualize written/free text
• Interface, configuration, and optimization HPC technologies such as parallel/distributed files systems (Lustre), high speed interconnect fabrics (Infiniband), and HPC batch scheduling software
• Hadoop-based HPC clusters focused on processing massive data sets collected from fleets of complex equipment with a focus on advanced algorithm development covering areas like diagnostics and prognostics, machine health management, and predictive maintenance
• Design effective use of computational resources (memory, I/O buffering, threads, etc.) in application code
• Staying informed of state-of-the-art developments, experimenting with and championing new technologies and recommending improvements to existing techniques and procedures
• Understand complex engineering principles to effectively communicate with users, understand their work, and translate requirements into software solutions
• Team building and interpersonal skills, capable of building relationships with key internal and external stakeholders across multiple geographic locations
• Consult on complex data engineering efforts and lead project teams through the solution design process
RequirementsBasic Qualifications (varies with position):
Degrees in Computer Science, Data Science, Machine Learning/Artificial Intelligence, Mathematics, Engineering or related fields with scientific computing experience.
Experience in the application of those disciplines.
Company DescriptionLockheed Martin (NYSE: LMT) solves the world’s toughest technology challenges to address our customers’ critical missions. More than 100 nations rely on Lockheed Martin employees, products and technologies to help them protect and connect their citizens and advance scientific discovery. In a time of growing uncertainty and unpredictable threats, we focus on innovation at scale and performance excellence to keep our customers at the center of everything we do.